The PCC and incumbent of St George’s, Swallowbeck overseas the control of all personal data collected and processed by St. George’s Church. The PCC decides how your personal data is processed and ensures it is used for legitimate purposes.
The PCC of St George’s, Swallowbeck complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by:
- keeping personal data up to date;
- storing and destroying it securely;
- not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure;
- not keeping data any longer than necessary unless permission has been given to do so or unless legally obliged to do so;
- ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes:-
- To carry out our legal obligations in respect of Baptisms, Marriages and Funerals. Much of this information must be kept as it is a legal requirement to do so and cannot be removed or deleted from our records.
- To keep all Financial, Gift Aid and Payroll records up to date and report, as necessary under our legal obligations to the HMRC, Charity Commission and to the Lincoln Diocese.
- To keep Church Electoral Roll, Membership, PCC Member, DBS check and Volunteer records up to date.
- • To keep Swallows Nest Pre-school records up to date as required by Ofsted and Local Authority and to communicate with parents. See the separate privacy notice for Swallows Nest Pre-School.
- To enable us to communicate with our Congregation and Home Groups.
- To provide pastoral care.
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our constitution.
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the St George’s Charity – no. 1144018
- To operate the St George’s Church web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services at St George’s Church.
- To share contact details with the diocesan office so they can keep members informed about news, events, activities and services that will be occurring in the diocese and which may be of interest.
- To resource activities within St George’s in line with Health and Safety and Safeguarding requirements.
Full copies of the Data Privacy Notice are available from the church office and can be downloaded by clicking on the link:
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the PCC Secretary / Parish Administrator at St George’s Church Office, St George’s Community Hall, Eastbrook Rd, Lincoln, LN6 7EP; or by e-mail: email@example.com; or by telephone on (01522) 689033.